Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and those of us holding the mascara wand.

After two decades of covering the beauty industry, I've come to learn what makes it so alluring. Finding the perfect shade of makeup to match your skin tone, adding a swipe of eyeliner to give your tired eyes a lift, discovering an innovative new product line, or indulging in a totally luxurious spa treatment. My experiences have been documented in magazines, newspapers and websites worldwide. I've tested newly formulated products in the lab, explored hair removal options, shopped for lipstick, added shine to my hair and succumbed to massage marathons--all in the name of beauty. I've written press releases, hosted makeover events and co-authored a Do-It-Yourself Beauty book (Alloy). On this blog, I write about products and services that I come across every day as well as those that have been provided by publicists or the companies that make them. Either way, I write what I think. I hope to share some of my insights--and bring you the latest, greatest beauty news right here. Join me in the quest to find all things pretty.


Wednesday, April 1, 2009

what's all the hoopla?


I love trying "the latest thing" but some products have been around for years and in my book they're still classified as guaranteed stand-bys (Herbal Essence shampoos, Kiehl's moisturizing creams and Nat Robbins eyeliners, to name a few). One of my all-time favorites: Hoola bronzing powder by Benefit (.4 oz.; $28), winner of the 2008 Best Bronzer award from Sephora. This soft, natural-looking bronzer gives you a healthy glow. Dust it lightly across cheeks, chin and forehead to look like you've just returned from a tropical vacation, any time of the year. You can invest in one of Benefit's innovative brushes (try the fantail to apply bronzer all over or the slant brush to contour your cheekbones, jaw line and nose) or use the one that comes with the product. It's easy to handle and has a wide surface area so you can apply bronzer across your face in just a few light swipes. Extra bonus: you get a good amount in the package so it lasts a while, plus the adorably illustrated box looks super cute on your dresser. Get some now at www.benefitcosmetics.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment