Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and those of us holding the mascara wand.

After two decades of covering the beauty industry, I've come to learn what makes it so alluring. Finding the perfect shade of makeup to match your skin tone, adding a swipe of eyeliner to give your tired eyes a lift, discovering an innovative new product line, or indulging in a totally luxurious spa treatment. My experiences have been documented in magazines, newspapers and websites worldwide. I've tested newly formulated products in the lab, explored hair removal options, shopped for lipstick, added shine to my hair and succumbed to massage marathons--all in the name of beauty. I've written press releases, hosted makeover events and co-authored a Do-It-Yourself Beauty book (Alloy). On this blog, I write about products and services that I come across every day as well as those that have been provided by publicists or the companies that make them. Either way, I write what I think. I hope to share some of my insights--and bring you the latest, greatest beauty news right here. Join me in the quest to find all things pretty.


Friday, April 3, 2009

recessionista beauty: lip shtick


I've tried lip colors that add shine, look matte, even plump things up. But this one takes the cake--or rather makes you skip it! Huge Lips, Skinny Hips ($20) is the first lip gloss made with Hoodia, a natural appetite suppressant, and plump-prompting vitamin B3, so you can color and plump your lips while keeping extra pounds off your hips.It comes in five beautiful hues or a clear gloss, all inspired by the creator's favorite things. "It's the perfect secret weapon for surviving cocktail parties without succumbing to all the hors d'oeuvres," says founder Karen Robinovitz. Some of the product's other lip-conditioning ingredients include natural lipids that bind water to the skin, meadow foam to moisturize and lemon peel oil for instant cooling. Choose from Red Sole (a sultry red inspired by Christian Laboutin's famous red heels), Love Your Thighs (a floral coral), Worship Kate (a pink glitter tribute to Kate Moss), Lychee Martini (a frothy pink--my favorite!), No Panty Lines (shiny clear) and Kitty Poledancer (the perfect nude and a nod to Robinovitz's love of dancing. Do your lips--and your hips--a favor and pick one up later this month at Scoop or Space N.K.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post - and you for posting it. Thank you so much. It is so exciting to see Huge Lips Skinny Hips come alive on a fab blog like yours!

    Mwah!
    Karen
    Purple Lab Creatrix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for creating such a great product. I'm sure it will be a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete