Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and those of us holding the mascara wand.

After two decades of covering the beauty industry, I've come to learn what makes it so alluring. Finding the perfect shade of makeup to match your skin tone, adding a swipe of eyeliner to give your tired eyes a lift, discovering an innovative new product line, or indulging in a totally luxurious spa treatment. My experiences have been documented in magazines, newspapers and websites worldwide. I've tested newly formulated products in the lab, explored hair removal options, shopped for lipstick, added shine to my hair and succumbed to massage marathons--all in the name of beauty. I've written press releases, hosted makeover events and co-authored a Do-It-Yourself Beauty book (Alloy). On this blog, I write about products and services that I come across every day as well as those that have been provided by publicists or the companies that make them. Either way, I write what I think. I hope to share some of my insights--and bring you the latest, greatest beauty news right here. Join me in the quest to find all things pretty.


Thursday, April 2, 2009

recessionista beauty: dream on


I want to look like Christy Turlington, Adriana Lima or Kristin Davis. Dream on, you say? I no longer have to. These A-list celebrities always look gorgeous, thanks to a new crop of airbrush and spray makeup products, like Maybelline New York's Dream Collection of foundations, bronzers and blushes. Inspired by the brand's Dream Matte Mousse Foundation, Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation feels as yummy as it sounds. I tried the Procelain Ivory shade: The convenient pump dispensed just the right amount of product which I smoothed on my face then blended in using my fingers. Liquid Mousse is a perfect name for it: It felt extremely lightweight while I was putting it on, then like next to nothing once it was absorbed. It cushions and smooths for virtually poreless skin and a beautiful, airbrushed finish. Available in 12 shades to suit any skin tone, you can get your flawless face for only $9.79. In this economy, maybe it is a Dream come true... For more info or to make a purchase, go to www.maybelline.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment