Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and those of us holding the mascara wand.

After two decades of covering the beauty industry, I've come to learn what makes it so alluring. Finding the perfect shade of makeup to match your skin tone, adding a swipe of eyeliner to give your tired eyes a lift, discovering an innovative new product line, or indulging in a totally luxurious spa treatment. My experiences have been documented in magazines, newspapers and websites worldwide. I've tested newly formulated products in the lab, explored hair removal options, shopped for lipstick, added shine to my hair and succumbed to massage marathons--all in the name of beauty. I've written press releases, hosted makeover events and co-authored a Do-It-Yourself Beauty book (Alloy). On this blog, I write about products and services that I come across every day as well as those that have been provided by publicists or the companies that make them. Either way, I write what I think. I hope to share some of my insights--and bring you the latest, greatest beauty news right here. Join me in the quest to find all things pretty.


Friday, April 3, 2009

recessionista beauty: stay hydrated


Talk about a sticky situation: You're fresh out of the shower and you smooth on an all-over body lotion. After rubbing it in, your skin feels a bit sticky. And if it feels that way now, you're probably not looking forward to moisturizing once the weather heats up. Leave it to Vaseline to introduce Aloe Fresh, a breakthrough line of light lotions that leave skin feeling smooth, not sticky. And the incredibly low prices guarantee that once you buy them, you won't find yourself in a financially sticky situation either. My favorite is actually a gel format: Aloe Fresh Moisturizing Gel (6.8 oz.; $5.49). It's made with 100% natural aloe vera--as if you broke open an aloe vera leaf and squeezed some out yourself. It glides on smoothly and instantly hydrates and revives your skin, replenishing its natural balance. For those who prefer a creamier texture, try Aloe Fresh Hydrating Lotion (24.5 oz., $5.49; 10 oz., $2.99), a fast-absorbing formula, or Aloe Fresh Protecting Lotion SPF15 (20.3 oz., $5.49), a lightweight lotion that hydrates skin and protects it from the sun. Who would have thought there was so much more to this highly-acclaimed brand than the traditional goopy stuff. For more info, check out www.vaseline.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment