Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and those of us holding the mascara wand.

After two decades of covering the beauty industry, I've come to learn what makes it so alluring. Finding the perfect shade of makeup to match your skin tone, adding a swipe of eyeliner to give your tired eyes a lift, discovering an innovative new product line, or indulging in a totally luxurious spa treatment. My experiences have been documented in magazines, newspapers and websites worldwide. I've tested newly formulated products in the lab, explored hair removal options, shopped for lipstick, added shine to my hair and succumbed to massage marathons--all in the name of beauty. I've written press releases, hosted makeover events and co-authored a Do-It-Yourself Beauty book (Alloy). On this blog, I write about products and services that I come across every day as well as those that have been provided by publicists or the companies that make them. Either way, I write what I think. I hope to share some of my insights--and bring you the latest, greatest beauty news right here. Join me in the quest to find all things pretty.


Thursday, February 9, 2012

fashion tip: go blue!

Beyonce stepped out last night for the first time since giving birth and was sporting bright blue nails – in honor of her daughter, Blue Ivy. This week, many of us in New York were feeling blue too, as we celebrated the Giant's Superbowl victory (go big blue!) No matter what your reason for liking this playful hue, there are plenty of blue nail polish options out there to choose from.


Baker Street, a bright cobalt blue from Nail's Inc, was all over the London catwalks during the spring/summer shows ($9.50 each. Available March 1st at Sephora and on Sephora.com).


L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail in Jet Set to Paris ($5.99, Available at www.lorealparis.com and chain drug, food and mass market retailers) delivers rich color, high-intensity and pure shine.

Deborah Lippmann in I know What Boys Like ($16, Available at www.deborahlippmann.com) is flirty and fun. This playful periwinkle crème lacquer is formaldehyde, toluene and DBP-free.


Topshop Make Up Nails in Missile ($10, Available at Topshop Stores) is fast drying and extra long wear with a lasting glossy wet look finish and perfect coverage.


Only a brave few will choose blue this season. Will one of them be you?



No comments:

Post a Comment