Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and those of us holding the mascara wand.

After two decades of covering the beauty industry, I've come to learn what makes it so alluring. Finding the perfect shade of makeup to match your skin tone, adding a swipe of eyeliner to give your tired eyes a lift, discovering an innovative new product line, or indulging in a totally luxurious spa treatment. My experiences have been documented in magazines, newspapers and websites worldwide. I've tested newly formulated products in the lab, explored hair removal options, shopped for lipstick, added shine to my hair and succumbed to massage marathons--all in the name of beauty. I've written press releases, hosted makeover events and co-authored a Do-It-Yourself Beauty book (Alloy). On this blog, I write about products and services that I come across every day as well as those that have been provided by publicists or the companies that make them. Either way, I write what I think. I hope to share some of my insights--and bring you the latest, greatest beauty news right here. Join me in the quest to find all things pretty.


Sunday, May 10, 2009

blown away


True story: I was sitting here starting this post about the new Paul Mitchell Express Ion Dry V.2 ($220) when a neighbor from down the hall knocked on my door asking to borrow my blow-dryer since hers had just died on her. I handed it over and she returned a little while later, blow-dryer in hand, with perfect hair and a great dress and shoes, ready for a big night out. "You're a lifesaver," she told me. We've all been subjected to blow-dryers that can't take the heat. Some can be cumbersome, some get too hot and others just don't get the job done. The Express Ion Dry V.2 is a high-speed, lightweight styling tool that minimizes drying time and increases hair health. Far infrared heat protects from damage, super-charged negative ions break up water molecules and infuse them into the hair, restoring moisture and sealing the cuticle for shiny, static-free results. “We took the weight out of the dryer and left a powerful air flow to speed up drying time, add shine and condition just by plugging it in and using it," says Stephanie Kocielski, Artistic Director for Paul Mitchell. "It’s the better air flow that controls those frizzies and stubborn curls. The Express Ion Dry v.2 also gives me the opportunity to send each of my clients home with a salon result that lasts! It’s all about better style in half the time.” Available at professional salons only, call 1.800.321.JPMS or visit www.paulmitchell.com to find one near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment