Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and those of us holding the mascara wand.

After two decades of covering the beauty industry, I've come to learn what makes it so alluring. Finding the perfect shade of makeup to match your skin tone, adding a swipe of eyeliner to give your tired eyes a lift, discovering an innovative new product line, or indulging in a totally luxurious spa treatment. My experiences have been documented in magazines, newspapers and websites worldwide. I've tested newly formulated products in the lab, explored hair removal options, shopped for lipstick, added shine to my hair and succumbed to massage marathons--all in the name of beauty. I've written press releases, hosted makeover events and co-authored a Do-It-Yourself Beauty book (Alloy). On this blog, I write about products and services that I come across every day as well as those that have been provided by publicists or the companies that make them. Either way, I write what I think. I hope to share some of my insights--and bring you the latest, greatest beauty news right here. Join me in the quest to find all things pretty.


Monday, April 12, 2010

treat your haircut right


No one ever looks as good when they style their own hair as they did when they walked out of the salon. HerCut is the first hair care line designed to cater to the needs of your individCheck Spellingual hair cut.

Created to address the five major hair styles—the bob, the pixie, the shag, the blunt cut and long layers—HerCut employs “catalysts” that work on a molecular level to ensure that hair conforms to your cut, picking up where your stylist leaves off. The catalysts are customized to meet the specific needs of every cut (i.e., weighted, forward motion for bobs and controlled separation for shags) to maximize every style regardless of hair type.

Honestly, when I first heard about HerCut, it sounded like a bit of a marketing ploy. But I tried it anyway. First, I shampooed with the Dry Hair Shampoo ($22), designed for straight to wavy, normal to dry hair--which is me to a T! It smelled a bit soapy but left my hair squeaky clean. Next, I conditioned with the Medium Conditioner ($22), for medium-textured, single processed hair (again, my description exactly!). It improves elasticity and adds moisture (not to mention a silky feel!) while protecting your color.

But the real unique element to the HerCut formula is the catalyst. I tried the catalyst for Long Layers ($28), designed to keep my long layers full and give them a cascading feel from roots to ends. It has a Spring Polymer Technology that creates flexible connections between layers to give hair body and bounce.

I wouldn't have believed this for a minute if I hadn't seen it for myself. I dabbed a drop into my towel-dried hair and let it dry naturally, only to watch healthy, waves and lustrous layers magically appear. The style even held up nicely after I blew my hair dry, but I could have walked out without a stitch of styling and my hair would have looked great.

Don't take my word--see for yourself! Choose the HerCut products that are right for you at www.sephora.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment