Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and those of us holding the mascara wand.

After two decades of covering the beauty industry, I've come to learn what makes it so alluring. Finding the perfect shade of makeup to match your skin tone, adding a swipe of eyeliner to give your tired eyes a lift, discovering an innovative new product line, or indulging in a totally luxurious spa treatment. My experiences have been documented in magazines, newspapers and websites worldwide. I've tested newly formulated products in the lab, explored hair removal options, shopped for lipstick, added shine to my hair and succumbed to massage marathons--all in the name of beauty. I've written press releases, hosted makeover events and co-authored a Do-It-Yourself Beauty book (Alloy). On this blog, I write about products and services that I come across every day as well as those that have been provided by publicists or the companies that make them. Either way, I write what I think. I hope to share some of my insights--and bring you the latest, greatest beauty news right here. Join me in the quest to find all things pretty.


Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fashion's Night Out: Josie Maran at Sephora

While Fashion's Night Out was such a huge success last year, this year promises to be even better. Now beauty companies are joining in the celebrations. This year, Josie Maran is flying to the East Coast to participate in the festivities at the Sephora 5th Avenue boutique. From 7-9 PM Josie Maran, former supermodel and founder of Josie Maran Cosmetics, will be hosting her own in-store photo shoot, giving consumers mini-makeovers and pointers on how to pose like a pro before they step in front of the camera. You'll get the chance to experience her wonderful line of pure, natural cosmetics and enter the mini photo studio, where you can take a picture and walk away with a signed copy of your best shot with Josie. The first 100 consumers who make a purchase that evening will receive a limited edition, created specifically for FNO, Argan Oil Color Stick in Cherry Popsicle. Be one of the first to try this amazing new item as the Argan Oil Color Stick doesn’t officially launch until 2011. If that's not a beauty coup, I don't know what is. For more info on Fashion's night out, go to www.fashionsnightout.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment