Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and those of us holding the mascara wand.

After two decades of covering the beauty industry, I've come to learn what makes it so alluring. Finding the perfect shade of makeup to match your skin tone, adding a swipe of eyeliner to give your tired eyes a lift, discovering an innovative new product line, or indulging in a totally luxurious spa treatment. My experiences have been documented in magazines, newspapers and websites worldwide. I've tested newly formulated products in the lab, explored hair removal options, shopped for lipstick, added shine to my hair and succumbed to massage marathons--all in the name of beauty. I've written press releases, hosted makeover events and co-authored a Do-It-Yourself Beauty book (Alloy). On this blog, I write about products and services that I come across every day as well as those that have been provided by publicists or the companies that make them. Either way, I write what I think. I hope to share some of my insights--and bring you the latest, greatest beauty news right here. Join me in the quest to find all things pretty.


Monday, March 16, 2009

get ekoh-friendly



Some beauty products are all hype...Ekoh Cosmetics' Skin Retreat is the real thing. It just feels good when you smooth it on and even better when it sinks into your skin. Set to hit stores next month, this all-in-one 24-hour moisturizer is designed to calm, soothe and hydrate your skin. And it smells yummy--thanks to all the fruity ingredients (wild blueberry, raspberry, cranberry, cherry, strawberry, among others). What's not in the formula: sulphates, parabens, petrochemicals, polymers, synthetic fragrance and colorants--and there's no animal testing used to get the end result. The lightweight cream is the perfect way to end a day. Just apply to your face, neck and chest areas, then drift off to a peaceful sleep as it does its duty. Before smoothing on Skin Retreat: Try Ekoh's Pre-Party Prep Exfoliating Facial Scrub. Apply to skin, let sit for three minutes, scrub lightly, then splash off to give skin a healthy glow. For more info or to find out where to make your purchase, go to www.ekohcosmetics.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment